Before setting up a new user you will need to check that you have enough licences.
Tip: If a user no longer requires access to Gold-Vision we recommend that you disable their user record, this will free up a licence for a new user. Administrators can disable users when over-licence in order to access the system again
Configuring User LevelYou can amend a users user level in Users within the Settings area.
Please note if we host your Gold-Vision you must first contact us to create a new user. If you require a user to be set up with access to Gold-Vision Connect please contact our Support Team.
Setting up a New UserThe following fields are key fields for you to complete when setting up a new user.
- Core info – First name, last name, email address, NT Account, team and user level.
- User Level
- Disabled – No access to Gold-Vision, but this may be useful for including colleagues who are not users but you may wish to shows as owners of items.
- Basic User – A normal user with access to Gold-Vision, but without access to the Administration Console. Visibility of items is controlled by the User Access Options screen, see section below.
- Configuration Manager – This provides access to the configuration options in the Admin Console, but still limits your view of data to your own team access rights.
- System Administrator – Full administration rights – can see all data, irrespective of any security that may be active on it, and change the rights for all users.
Tip: See ‘User Mail Tracking Setup‘ and ‘Calendar Synchronisation‘ for how to set these up for new users.
Configuring User AccessThere are a selection of check boxes, giving users access to certain areas such as Lead Management and Touch Points. If you need the users to be available on lists, such as Account Manger, or to invite to an appointment, they will need to have the relevant ‘show on’ box ticked.
Tip: Before deleting a user, we recommend initially setting them as disabled. In the user record, change their user level to “Disabled”. This will stop them accessing Gold-Vision but allows any items owned to be transferred to other users – using Bulk Replace.Remember to un-tick the ‘show on’ lists if you no longer want items allocated to the disabled user.