Linking Purchased Units
This page will show you how to Link Units to Unit Product Sales in Gold-Vision and log units used for this.
PrerequisitesBefore you go ahead and start using this functionality, make sure the following items have been screen designed on the required Gold-Vision records:
- Products have been Linked to Purchase Units see Configuring Time page for more details.
- You also need a Quote with Products that have Unit and the State, Closed – Won.
Link Units From the Quote
- Using the Link Unit Button
- From the Actions Menu
- Link to parent account – Click to select the parent record i.e. Account – this will link the purchased unit at Account level
- Choose an item to link to: Select to link to an existing Opportunity or Project – this will link the purchased unit to either a existing Opportunity or Project
- Create a new item to link to: Select to create a new Opportunity or Project – this will give you the options to create a New Opportunity or Project and link the purchased unit to the new records
Once you have chosen the record you want to link the Quote items to click Confirm.
This will link the items to the Gold-Vision record, e.g. Project, then when users log in Units they can choose the product they are linking the Unit against:
Link Unit From the Time SectionClick on Link Time /Unit Sale
Select the Product Sales required and click on the Select button to link the sold product to the Gold-Vision Record:
How to Log Unit against Product SalesYou can log Unit against an Account, Account Activity, Contact Activity, Project, Project Activity Opportunity, or Opportunity Activity that are linked to Time Product Sales. There are 3 options on how to log Unit:
Log Unit From the Gold-Vision RecordOpen the record required and you will see a Log Time / Unit button at the top right.
Log Unit From the Actions MenuOpen the record required click on the Actions Menu and select Log Time/Unit:
Log Unit From the Time SectionFind the Time Section the Gold-Vision record and click on the Log Time option:
Log Unit Details
Assign to (optional)Select a Product Sale to link Unit used against.
In order to be able to log Unit users will have to assign to a Product Sale that has been setup as Unit.
When the Unit Product has been selected the screen will change to allow users to log in Units
Summary / Workenter the summary of the work carried out
Descriptionyou can enter additional description details if required
Userthis will automatically default to the User who is logging the time. If the user is logging time on behalf of an other user they can select a different user from the list.
Select a DateTodays date will automatically selected but users can retrospectively enter the date required.
Unit spentEnter the Unit Spent e.g. 10
Users must use the ”Assign to” and select the Unit Product option if they want to link the Unit to a specific Product Sale
If users are required to Log Time rather than units, please visit the Link Purchased Time page.
Once the details have been entered by the users, click Save and the Unit will then be logged against a linked Product Sale:
Example of Using Units linked to Paid ProductsIn this example we will see how you can use the Time functionality by log in Units against Opportunities linked to purchased products. As a company you are selling Vouchers to your customers which can be called off over a period of time.
You will need the following:
- A Gold-Vision Quote that has the Voucher product added to it
- The Gold-Vision Opportunity linked to the above Quote
Steps to follow:
- Change the Status of your Quote to Close – Won
- Link the Units on the Quote to the specific Opportunity